Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bottom Of The List

If you walked into the centro of Guanajuato today and if you walked by the Teatro Juarez, this sign may have caught your eye.
Today, outside the Teatro Juarez.
The sign.

I have lived in Guanajuato for a little over 4 and 1/2 years. I can't remember how many times I have walked by this beautiful theater and dreamed of being able to play there as a soloist. I never imagined that I would get
a chance to book a concert in the most exquisite concert hall in the entire state of Guanajuato (GTO).

I'm very glad that my name appears at the bottom of the list of performers for the evening. While I may be a better musicianer than the others on the marque. I am not close, at all, to any of them as far as be-bop improvisation goes. The above* musicians are among the very best be-bop improvisers in the world and here they are in Guanajuato.

We, the GARRAPATAS MEXICANAS (TUBA JAM Trio) will open up at tomorrows concert in the Teatro Juarez. I can't wait. Sell the sizzle, not the steak.

*the above musicans are;
Richie Cole, alto sax
Gabriel Hernandez, piano
Luis Gasca, trumpet
Bobby Kapp. drums
Tyler Mitchell, bass

No comments:

Post a Comment