Thursday, July 1, 2010

In The Rain

The rain started yesterday afternoon around 5pm here in Guanajuato and it has been raining off and on ever since. Thank you Alex.

When you live in a desert climate rain is always welcome. Here at Casa Verde we like to embrace the rain. So, yesterday when the rain started we left the dinner table (vegetables still steaming on the stove, oops) the girls put on their "crocs", I grabbed my camera, put on my new rain poncho and chased after them out into the street.






When I was a kid growing up in Arlington, TX, I remember playing outside in the rain. Splashing without a care in the world. Nothing to worry about getting wet when everything is already wet. Watching sticks, leafs, pieces of tree bark, float down the gutter with the greatest of ease. The different world that only the rain can create. Ah, the smell.

Since my girls have only ever lived in desert climates (Colorado Springs and here) they are use to very long periods without rain. I think that may be one of the reasons they are so joyful when the rains come.

I tried my best to capture some of their joy and not drown my camera.

The next time you are caught in the rain, start splashing around a bit, get a little wet, it's a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Jason and family - this is great. We are headed to GTO in a month or two for several months. Have been coming off and on for a few years. Saw the Tuba gig at the Zilch on our last visit. Can't wait for more of your gigs. Allen

    ReplyDelete