Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hallelujah

As I am writing this the sounds of explosions fills the air of Guanajuato signaling Dia de Guadalupe. I love Mexico. 
I had a great time playing with organist Ann Riley yesterday evening in San Miguel de Allende. I felt good about my playing. It's different playing "classical" trumpet after my recent focus on playing more "jazz".
We had a wonderful crowd and I received many nice comments after the concert. 

Last year we played an arrangement of Handel's Hallelujah from the Messiah as our encore. This year it was the last piece on the program. It's a beautiful way to end a concert. Last year the audience began to stand after we began. This year I invited the crowd to stand and if they wanted, to sing along. Most of the audience did both. And they actually sounded pretty good. It's a great way to end a show. You are guaranteed of a standing ovation and if you chops are a bit tired it's harder to hear with everyone singing.

The fotos were taken by Pearl who is 10. She also sold 10 of my Christmas CD's. That's my Pearlie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment