Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quiet When They Shatter

Tomorrow after my concert at the Gene Byron, me and all my ladies will be headed north to Estado Unidos (U.S.). We normally take the bus, however this year we will be driving a friends car up. It's been a few years since we have driven up. I love driving in Mexico and we are all looking forward to our trip. We will meet our friends in Houston give them there car back and then head up to the DFW metroplex to begin our holiday traditions.

Before I leave I thought I would give you a blitz of blog posts to keep you busy.

I have had quite a few questions about our house and if we have made any recent progress. To this I have a few pieces of advice. If you are building a house and you are not independently wealthy don't quit your job (no matter how much you hate it) until you have finished enough of the house to move in. And if you don't finish it enough to move in, don't put a roof of clay tiles up. It's just to hard to resist throwing a rock to see what happens. I don't know why it is, but it is fun breaking things. Teja titles are surprisingly quiet when they shatter.
Around 300 teja tiles. 

Now I know how a tile floor would look.
Yesterday my friend Luis (see earlier post My Friend Luis) and I replaced the teja tiles with a metal roof. Not very pretty but much stronger and much less intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment