Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm Back

I'm back.

After a fun family filled 6 weeks in Arlington, Texas I'm back in Guanajuato. It's good to be back. The girls and I arrived at the airport in Leon on the evening of the 15th. The first thing you feel when you step off the plane is the cool dry desert mountain air. Pearl and Rose both commented on how cold they felt as we made our way off the tarmac. Michelle's beautiful smile was the most pleasant sight  as we peered through the customs doors. Wonderful hugs and kisses and talk of Rose's new hair doo. After a 30 minute drive up to Guanajuato where the night skies are much darker and the air has the taste that I have only found up in the mountains, we are home.

If you study the above foto you will see some of what I have been up to for the last 6 weeks. The foto was taken in my mother's garage. Over the last 6 weeks this area is where I began riding a unicycle (I had never sat on much less ridden a uni before 6 weeks ago). It is also where I made some adult and Texas size hula hoops and where I spent many hours practicing my trumpets.    

Now that I'm back and under strict orders not to go out in any sunlight, I will be posting more over the next few weeks. Please stay tuned.

Hope your summer has been awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment