Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ooze 3 (Snail Slime)

My face is feeling better.

My doctor prescribed me a cream to help regenerate the skin cells on my face. The cream feels wondeful. The cream, Cicafarm is a Spanish product. The 1st ingredient is Zinc Oxcide. Sounds normal enough. The 2nd ingredient is Baba de Caracol. Hmmm. In our Larousse Spanish English dictionary baba means either:
1. (saliva) dribble, spittle, saliva, slobber.
2. (de caracol) slime
3. (caiman) cayman, alligator
While numbers 1 and 3 are both good to know, number 2 is what I'm looking for. Caracol slime. Caracol is the Spanish word for snail. So I guess snail slime is good for your skin. I wonder what kind of snails they use? And how does one "harvest" snail slime? The 3rd ingredient is calendula which translates beautifully into marigold.
How much of the 100 grams is snail slime?
In my last post I was joking about building up a base tan.
Like it or not I've invested in a few new hats. Yee-haw!
I will be treating my face for the next 6 weeks. Then I will return to the doc to see how I look. At that time we will talk about what we will treat next. On Tuesday she said I had areas on my arms, back and chest. I think arms are next. Don't worry, I won't bore you with my following treatments.
Still swollen and as Rose likes to say, "crusty"
but feeling much better. It feels better than it looks.
I hope to feel well enough to play with my Cuban friends this Sunday.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment