Monday, June 21, 2010

Inspiring



Last Wednesday I went for an inspiring bike ride with my good friend Leigh Stowell. We rode less than 2 miles up and back on the paved road leading to Trinidad, GTO (off the main road to San Miguel). It may not sound very inspiring until you know that the big guy in the foto straddling his bike with the super happy grin on his face, 1 year ago was laying in a hospital bed completely paralyzed.

It was a little over a year ago when I heard the news of Leigh's sudden sickness. I was not overly concerned. The doctors said that most people who had what Leigh had were able to make a full recovery. Leigh is one of, if not the most, positive people I have ever met. I knew that if anyone could fight back Leigh would be the guy. He is, I would say about 99% back. During the ride he told me he only has feeling in the back half of his feet (his toes are basically the last little bit he has yet to recover). Riding along next to him, I tried to imagine what it would be like if I could only feel the back half of my feet. I couldn't.

Thanks for the inspiration Leigh.

Glad you're back on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment