Friday, October 1, 2010

Drivers License Foto

Yesterday I traveled to the big city of Leon, Guanajuato.

When I was in Leon last week I made a left turn through a red light. Apparently that is against the law in Mexico and when there is a police officer waiting at the light as you go through even OJ's  legal team could not get me out of this.

When you get a ticket in Mexico, to insure you will show up and pay your ticket, the officer takes your drivers license.

Normally I never carry anything in my pockets except for chapstick, a key or 2 and a few pesos. My wallet almost always stays at home. I currently have 2 drivers licenses. 1 invalid from Colorado and my new Texas license. I wasn't paying attention and I gave the officer my Colorado license.

I guess I could have left it at that, however back in 2004 (just a few months before I was to move to Mexico) when I was still living in Colorado and it was time to renew my license I came up with a plan.

My hair, when left alone for some time, starts to take on a bit of a life of it's own. So, a few months before it was time to go for the all important divers license foto, I came up with a plan to take a foto that would make anyone who asked to see my ID smile.

I was pleased with the results. It always made me smile whenever I had the opportunity to show my ID.

Even though it is no longer valid, I still traveled to Leon to pay the ransom for my favorite ID. In Leon if you pay your ticket in the 1st 10 days you receive a 35% discount. $177.00 pesos, about 15 US dollars and my ID is back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment