Monday, March 1, 2010

Digging





I haven't had much time for blogging this last week. The signal that we use in our place has not been working. Even if we did have internet I just haven't had much time to sit down. Now with the workers back at out land my routine is a little bit different. I sleep, in the Suburban, out at the land to watch over our building materials at night. I wake up in the morning usually around 6.30 work a little until the guys arrive a little before 8. Then around 8.15 I ride my bike (single speed 29" Karate Monkey) 45 minutes to our apartment, eat a bit, head down for rehearsal from 10-1.30, have a snack at home, and then back on the Monkey to return to our land in Carbonera and repeat the process.

The construction is really moving along. It is pretty impressive what you can build with so few materials. Since our land is somewhat remote, we currently have no services (electric, water, gas, etc..) We are building with stone and concrete. All of the stone for the walls of the house and a few other retaining walls is stone that was on the site when we bought it. Much of the work I have been doing is more like archeology than normal construction. Many of the old ruin walls existed in some form, but in many places the walls have fallen in after many many years. Many of the original stones are there, however they are buried under many feet of dirt. So I have been digging more than you can probably imagine.

Here are 2 fotos from the last 2 Tuesdays. I'll take another tomorrow so you can see all of the changes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks like really hard work. Making good progress though. Love your blog, Aden

    ReplyDelete